- What is bamboo flooring?
- Why use bamboo flooring?
- Why is bamboo flooring “eco-friendly”?
- Why choose BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING?
- What type of pre-finish is used?
- Is it possible to re-finish BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING?
- What type of adhesive is used during the lamination process?
- How is bamboo flooring installed?
- Can bamboo flooring be installed over “in-floor” radiant heating?
- How do I maintain BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING?
- Is there a Warranty?
Bamboo flooring is hardwood flooring made from bamboo stalks. BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING is an engineered product that utilizes state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment to process bamboo strips into multi-layered, tongue-and-groove pre-finished bamboo floor planks.
BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING is an affordable, attractive, eco-friendly, and durable alternative to traditional hardwood flooring. According to the National Hardwood Flooring Association, natural bamboo flooring is 10% harder than red oak hardwood flooring.
For more information on wood hardness, including the outstanding relative hardness of our product, click here.
The Moso bamboo utilized is actually a quick growing grass species (Phyllostachys Heterocycla Pubescens Ohwi). Harvested from government authorized locations within Hunan Province, China, the bamboo plants take only 5 – 6 years to reach maturity. Because it is a harvested grass that continually regenerates, bamboo is considered a renewable and sustainable resource. BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING is an environmentally responsible alternative to traditional hardwoods.
We sell “direct” to the end user. Our premium quality pre-finished product arrives to your job site directly from the factory in China, the recognized worldwide leader in bamboo flooring. We avoid costly intermediaries (wholesalers, distributors, etc.) and pass the savings on to our customers. This benefits the environment as there is less transportation and warehousing involved. Our mission is to help preserve the environment by encouraging eco-friendly harvesting, processing, and finishing that are non-toxic and waste-free.
Our product is superior to the lesser grades of bamboo flooring commonly advertised at low prices. We offer the highest quality flooring that has been tested as being some of the hardest available on the market — for buyers who want the best product and maximum value.
BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING solid planks are pre-finished with a 6 stage, water-based, UV-cured acrylic urethane. Manufactured in Germany by Treffert, this is a high quality product that will perform well for many years. For specifics on the Treffert floor finish product, please click here.
Yes, you may wish to re-finish your bamboo flooring at some time in the future. Solid bamboo flooring planks can typically be re-finished up to 3 times.
Our unique proprietary non-toxic adhesive has been officially certified* by the National Research Center of Testing Techniques for Building Materials in China. The independent examination concluded that the practically formaldehyde-free adhesive is six times better than the E1, the strict European Building Standard, for chemical off-gassing. According to the stringent standard, the maximum allowable formaldehyde off-gas component is 1.50 milligrams/liter. The N.R.C. independent test indicated that the adhesive off-gassed less than 0.25 milligrams/liter.
The adhesive has an extremely high tolerance to climatic and humidity changes.
Bamboo flooring installs just like traditional tongue-and-groove solid hardwood flooring. Any professional flooring installer can easily install BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING with excellent results.
To see our product installed, visit our gallery of bamboo floor installations.
Yes, because of its natural dimensional stability, BAMBOO DIRECT FLOORING is perfectly suited for installation over “in-floor” radiant heating.
Bamboo floor maintenance is just like that for any other traditional hardwood flooring:
- After installation, clean with a no-wax, non-alkaline floor cleaner (Zep Hardwood Floor Cleaner supplied by Home Depot is suggested). Do not allow the cleaner or any other liquid to pool or remain on the surface, as this may damage the bamboo. Never clean or “wet mop” with water or any other product mixed with water, as this may dull the finish or damage the floor.
- Quickly remove spills.
- Regularly vacuum and/or sweep with a nylon broom. Loose dirt and sand are a bamboo floor’s worst enemy, as it can scratch or be ground into the floor’s surface.
- Place door mats at exterior door areas.
- Use area rugs in high-traffic sections.
- Install protective feet on all furniture legs.
- Remove shoes (especially high-heel shoes) prior to walking on bamboo flooring.
- In locations of low humidity or high heat, we recommend utilizing a humidifier to prevent excessive bamboo shrinkage. Ideally, humidity should remain around 45%.
BAMBOO DIRECT BUILDING PRODUCTS Ltd. warrants that the factory applied, water-based, polyurethane Treffert finish is, at the time of sale, free from defects, and will not wear through or delaminate from the plank for a period of 25 years. The flooring must be maintained as detailed, and used for the intended purpose for which it was sold. This warranty does not cover scratches, reduction in finish sheen, or damage to the finish caused by improper or negligent usage, damage to the underlying floor, or damage to the surrounding area. We also warrant that the individual flooring planks, at the time of purchase, will be free of obvious defects. All planks must be inspected for defects prior to installation. No defect will be accepted after installation. We exclude all defects that occur through improper transportation, storage, installation, maintenance, or usage (such as high-heeled shoes, insufficient furniture protection, excessive weight, water damage, sand and grit build up, negligence, and abrasive or caustic cleaning substances or methods). The decision to replace or refund remains at the sole discretion of BAMBOO DIRECT BUILDING PRODUCTS Ltd.